Are you missing one or more teeth? You may be a great candidate for dental implants!
Dental implants are small titanium posts that replace the root of a missing tooth and are bonded to the jaw to secure a replacement tooth. Implants can be used to replace one or many missing teeth or to make a denture more stable. They are a permanent solution and they look and feel like natural teeth.
If you are missing teeth, the best way to determine if you are a candidate for dental implants in Adelaide is to book a consultation with our dentists at Burnside Dental. In the meantime, we have compiled a list of signs you may be a candidate for dental implants.
When would I need dental implants?
There are a few reasons why you might need dental implants:
- You have missing or severely broken teeth
- You’re looking for a more permanent solution to removable dentures
- A severe gum infection (known as periodontitis) has caused the need for one or more teeth to be removed.
Despite your reason for needing dental implants, replacing missing teeth quickly can help restore good oral health. And help you reclaim an aesthetically pleasing smile and ru+-e any risk of future dental problems.
Before you commit to dental implants, there are factors you should consider about whether you are a candidate for dental implants or you should consider an alternative missing tooth replacement.
- You have missing teeth. Having missing teeth is the most obvious sign you are a candidate for implants. It is important to note that their are other options for missing teeth including bridges and dentures, but if you have tried those in the past or are searching for a more permanent solution, then its worth inquiring about implants
- Your gums and teeth are in good health. If your teeth and gums are in bad condition, this can cause a high risk of implant failure.
- You have adequate bone structure to support the implant
- You have a good oral hygiene regimen. Oral hygiene and routine professional maintenance is necessary for long term durability of dental implants
All things considered, if you’re well, have healthy gums and strong jawbones, it’s likely that you’re a good candidate for dental implants. If you’re interested in dental implants in Adelaide or are still unsure if dental implants are right for you, contact our team at Burnside Dental to book your implant consultation today.